My mantra when starting this blog was ‘never leave things as they are’. A plain black skirt is plain no more due to a bit of applique work.
As I was to attend the RHS Chelsea Flower Show I decided to get a top but although it was gorgeous it didn’t work on me.
So I recently decided that it was too lovely to sit in the drawer…. I took my black skirt, some fixing paper, my (rarely used iron) and sewing machine and this is what I did….
As the background on the image is black and as I’m sewing onto a black skirt I didn’t have to be too neat or too close to the actual design.
As you can see I used a close blanket stitch on my machine and went all around the cut out. I also stitched a few lines through the whole thing…
and that’s it – here it is all finished.. I definitely prefer it to the top.
Thanks for reading, back soon,