I’ve mentioned before about the gorgeous material my friend gave me, after a sort out of my material stash and noticing that I had a broken, plastic, useless case for my crochet hooks, I reached the conclusion that I needed to make myself something.
I chose two different materials which I think go together very nicely.
I cut three rectangles – wide enough to take my hooks. The blue was put together with the right-sides out and the yellow was folded over (a run of my favourite stitch was done along the top of the fold – see above) and placed on top.
I’m sure there are plenty of patterns and instructions on how to make a case like this but I was impatient and just jumped straight in!
I then started to stitch some random sized ‘slots’ through both pieces of fabric but with the yellow creating the pockets. I marked them first using a straight edge.
Once I got to the end I made a couple of ties.
Then stitched the raw edges over – mostly with the machine but completed the thick corners by hand.
I stitched the ties on and finished the ends neatly.
And is that, I’m very happy with my new case.
Now, I know I have overused the embroidery stitch on this, but you see the thread is lovely to use, my machine was happy (and it sometimes doesn’t like doing anything other than a straight stitch – so I went a little overboard, it’s just for me though and I like it!)
Thanks for reading
Back soon, Rosie